I think I am finally packed, but
now I am not sure I will be able to sleep. I'm too nervous and
excited.
I am nervous and excited about the
week ahead, about helping with home repairs and hiking in the
mountains, unloading trucks and visiting waterfalls, about spending
time with children in schools and community elders in a retirement
home. I am excited about being immersed in the community in Bland,
and I am also excited about the community we will create as an AB
team. I am excited that spring is here: the daffodils are blooming.
I know that one of the best parts
of the AB experience is the changes people undergo during the week.
We will learn about issues that are unfamiliar and challenging, and
we will start to think about how those issues ripple out into the
world beyond Bland and our lives beyond Spring Break. We will go from
being individual strangers to being a community of friends. I am
looking forward to this kind of change.
And, 8:30 AM will be here soon, I
am also looking forward to—maybe—getting some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment