Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My hiking friend and me!


Hi! My name is Yiwen Kong and you can call me Carah. I was born and raised in Guangzhou, China (as some may know it as Canton). So I speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English. I am now learning Korean and plan to study Japanese, French or Spanish in the future. I know...it seems like a lifelong plan... but I have a lifetime to do it! Languages always interest me. ;)

I came to the United States six months ago for my grad studies. Now I am a student in Robert H. Smith School of Business and the focus area is internal auditing. Back in college, my major is accounting, with a minor in translation and interpreting. I am kind of outdoor person and love getting to know people from different culture backgrounds. This is my first and last Spring Break in UMD and I choose to attend the AB program because I want to experience the American culture of community service. Also, rural property in U.S. is a really meaningful and interesting issue. I hope I can know more about America in all perspectives before I come back to my home country.

No comments:

Post a Comment