Hi! I am Sarah Morris, and as your
staff advisor I will be traveling, learning, and working with you
(and also advising your trip leaders, if they need it). I am so very
excited to be a part of this service trip, as the issues of rural
areas—such as education, economy, and employment opportunity
resonate with me and in my life. I was born and raised in West
Virginia, earned a BA in English and an MA in English education at
West Virginia University, and taught high school English in a small,
rural town in West Virginia. As such, rural issues are important to
me, and making a difference in rural communities is part of who I am.
I came to the University of Maryland in
2009, and since then I have been here working on my PhD in curriculum and instruction.
I teach courses in the education department and will finish my degree
this spring. This is my second year as a staff advisor for AB, a
program that I believe inspires cultural awareness and thoughtful
change, as well as commitment to others.
Outside the world of work and school, I
enjoy reading and writing, running, and cooking. I like just about
any outdoor activity, and I spend as much time outside as possible.
I'm looking forward to the time we spend together and to making
lasting connections in Bland, Virginia.
What a wonderful adventure coming your way, Sarah.
ReplyDelete